Thursday, December 27, 2007
Why God Made Mothers
Kids.... you raise them the best you can, and then they start talking! Here are some
BRILLIANT answers given by 2nd grade school children to the following questions!!
I also wondered what my kiddos would have to say, so I included my 7 year old (Tyler) and 5 year old's (Cody) answers as well.
Why did God make mothers?
1. She's the only one who knows where the scotch tape is.
2. Mostly to clean the house.
3. To help us out of there when we were getting born.
4. Because he loves us ( Tyler's answer AWWWW!)
5. So you can have a mom (Cody)
How did God make mothers?
1. He used dirt, just like for the rest of us.
2. Magic plus super powers & a lot of stirring.
3. God made my Mom just the same like he made me. He just used bigger parts.
4. I say Bones (Tyler)
5. Bones and Blood (Cody)
What ingredients are mothers made of?
1. God makes mothers out of clouds & angel hair & everything nice in the world & one dab of mean.
2. They had to get their start from men's bones. Then they mostly use string, I think.
3. Love (Tyler - he must want something)
4. I give up (Cody)
Why did God give you Your mother & not some other mom?
1. We're related
2. God knew she likes me a lot more than other people's moms like me.
3. Because he loves me! (Tyler - major sucking up here!)
4. Because he knew I would like her (Cody - he must want something too)
What kind of little girl was your mom?
1. My mom has always been my mom & none of that other stuff.
2. I don't know because I wasn't there, but my guess would be pretty bossy.
3. They say she used to be nice.
4. Kelly (Tyler)
5. You Mama! (Cody)
What did mom need to know about dad before she married him?
1. His last name.
2. She had to know his background. Like is he a crook? Does he get drunk on beer?
3. Does he make at least $800 a year? Did he say NO to drugs & YES to chores?
4. That he has to be good (Tyler)
5. What kind of ring he was going to give you ( Cody - I nearly spit my Diet Coke all over the screen at that one!)
Why did your mom marry your dad?
1. My dad makes the best spaghetti in the world ... and my Mom eats a lot.
2. She got too old to do anything else with him.
3. My grandma says that Mom didn't have her thinking cap on.
4. Cause he's cute. (Tyler)
5. Because you wanted a baby. (Cody)
Who's the boss at your house?
1. Mom doesn't want to be boss, but she has to because dad's such a goofball.
2. Mom. You can tell by room inspection. She sees the stuff under the bed.
3. I guess Mom is, but only because she has a lot more to do than dad.
4. You and Daddy (Tyler, although when he was 2 he told us he was!)
5. Mom (Cody - scoring extra brownie points)
What's the difference between moms & dads?
1. Moms work at work & work at home & dads just go to work at work.
2. Moms know how to talk to teachers without scaring them.
3. Dads are taller & stronger, but moms have all the real power 'cause that's who you got to ask if you want to sleep over at your friend's.
4. Moms have magic; they make you feel better without medicine.
5. They are different people (Tyler)
6. One's a boy and one's a girl. Daddy's have itchy kisses. (Cody)
What does your mom do in her spare time?
1. Mothers don't do spare time.
2. To hear her tell it, she pays bills all day long.
3. Make hats (Tyler)
4. Loves her Cody Allen (self explanatory!)
What would it take to make your mom perfect?
1. On the inside she's already perfect. Outside, I think some kind of plastic surgery.
2. Diet. You know, her hair. I'd diet, maybe blue.
3. To be nice (Tyler - OUCH!)
4. I don't know, you're perfect already ( Cody - who will be driving the car of his choice at 16!)
If you could change one thing about your Mom, what would it be?
1. She has this weird thing about me keeping my room clean. I'd get rid of that.
2. I'd make my Mom smarter. Then she would know it was my sister who did it & not me.
3. I would like for her to get rid of those invisible eyes on the back of her head.
4. Make her take me to Burger King all the time (Tyler)
5. I want her to have more nice stuff ( Cody - who has a crying mommy now!)