Friday, November 30, 2007
Thursday, November 29, 2007
Wednesday, November 28, 2007
Saturday, November 24, 2007
Thursday, November 22, 2007
1. I have 6 boys! I don't think that is particularly wierd myself, but all the stares at the stores and the questions, "Are they all yours?" make me think I might not be the norm.
2. I teach tap and ballet - Gotta get my girl time somehow! LOL!
3. I hate when my food touches on the plate.
4. I always order the same thing at a restaurant - I rarely experiment!
5. I collect Disney snow globes.
6. I took the "scenic route" through college - it took 10 years to get my degree.
7. I am actually going to dance in the Nutcracker in December -(after having 6 babies! YIKES!
Here are the rules:1. link to the person that tagged you and post the rules on your blog.2. share seven random and/or weird things about yourself.3. tag seven people at the end of your post and include links to their blogs.4. let each person know that they have been tagged by leaving them a comment on their blog.
I'm going to have to sort of break rules 3 and 4 because everyone I know who Blogs seems to already have posted this one! So..... I am tagging whoever has read this and hasn't done this one! Let me know in the comments you let me tag you and I'll visit and read your wierdness!
I can now safely say Christmas is on the way... I have turned my children into elves!
Check out this fun site http://www.elfyourself.com/ and get ready to have some fun! Just upload pics of family and friends and "Go Elf Yourself!"
If you would like to see ours we are here:Older boys and baby nephew: http://www.elfyourself.com/?id=9577177125
Youngest boys and newborn pic of baby nephew: http://www.elfyourself.com/?id=9577096150
Tuesday, November 20, 2007
Friday, November 16, 2007
Sunday, November 11, 2007
Need a way to keep the little ones from underfoot while you're slaving in the kitchen on Thanksgiving? Why not get them involved? Little ones can smash the potatoes, pour the ingredients, or even lend a hand with these fun pumpkin pies!
1 15-oz. pkg. refrigerated piecrust
1 16-oz. can packed pumpkin
1 14-oz. can sweetened condensed milk
1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
1. Heat the oven to 375 degrees, then begin making the turkey handprint for the pie. Trace your child's handprint on a piece of lightweight cardboard, then cut it out to create a stencil. Place the stencil over one of the circles of pie dough and cut around it, adding turkey feet to the bottom of the hand.
2. Place the cutout on a nonstick baking sheet. Brush with water and sprinkle lightly with sugar. Bake for 8 to 12 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool.
3. Next, place the remaining circle of pie dough in a 9-inch glass pie pan. Press the crust firmly against the sides and bottom of the pan. Crimp the edges.
4. In a large mixing bowl, combine the pumpkin, sweetened condensed milk, eggs and pumpkin pie spice. Mix until smooth.
5. Pour the mixture into the piecrust and bake at 375 degrees for 35 to 40 minutes or until an inserted knife comes out clean.
6. Place the baked turkey cutout in the center of the pie and allow the pie to cool before serving.
Makes one 9-inch pie.
The tooth fairy has been a frequent visitor at our house these days as our 6 year old finally starts to lose his teeth! In honor of her visits I have scoured the web for some fun dental freebies for you!
1. What kind of soap is in your bathtub right now? Mary Kay Red Fig and Tea Body scrub
2. Do you have any watermelon in your refrigerator? No
3. What would you change about your living room? Make itbigger!
4. Are the dishes in your dishwasher clean or dirty? Clean - That will last - Yeah right! LOL!
5. What is in your fridge? Lots of things! String cheese, milk, juice, soda, yougrt, turkey, etc.
6. White or wheat bread? Wheat
7. What is on top of your refrigerator? Knives - and I'm not sure - I'm not that tall!
8. What color or design is on your shower curtain? We don't have a shower curtain in our bathroom - we have a door. The boys have fish all over theirs.
9. How many plants are in your home? None. I have a black thumb!
10. Is your bed made right now? Unmade - Hubby works nights and he just got up a little bit ago. I know- excuses, excuses.
11. Comet or Soft Scrub? Soft Scrub
12. Is your closet organized? Somewhat - the boys have a way of jinxing my organization!
13. Can you describe your flashlight? No - we have a few
14. Do you drink out of glass or plastic most of the time at home? Plastic - we have 6 boys who tend to break things - enough said.
15. Do you have iced tea made in a pitcher right now? No
16. If you have a garage, is it cluttered? Garage? What is that? LOL! Ours was converted before we bought the house. We do have a storage area and that is cluttered!
17. Curtains or blinds? Both
18. How many pillows do you sleep with? One.
19. Do you sleep with any lights on at night? No
20. How often do you vacuum? Rarely - we have hardwood floors so we sweep daily.
21. Standard toothbrush or electric? Standard, although I would love a soniccare one day
22. What color is your toothbrush? Pink.
23. Do you have a welcome mat on your front porch? Yes
24. What is in your oven right now? Dinner! Barbeque Beef Turnovers - Yummy!
25. Is there anything under your bed? A storage container full of fabric that I WILL use one day!
26. Chore you hate doing the most? Cleaning the toilets - That is man's work! LOL!
27. What retro items are in your home? Well, my house was built in the 70s - does that count?
28. Do you have a separate room that you use as an office? Yes, It is also my dance studio where I teach tap and ballet.
29. How many mirrors are in your home? Five.
30. Do you have any hidden emergency money around your home? No - the kids and the hubby would find it!
31. What color are your walls? Purple - well, lavender really. Dark blue, red, grey and sky blue.
32. Do you keep any kind of protection weapons in your home? Just my attack poodle!
33. What does your home smell like right now? Dinner
34. Favorite candle scent? Vanilla
.35. What kind of pickles (if any) are in your refrigerator right now? None
36. What color is your favorite Bible? Green
37. Ever been on your roof? No way!
38. Do you own a stereo? Yes
39. How many TVs do you have? 2.
40.How many house phones? 1
41. Do you have a housekeeper? I wish!!!!!
42. What style do you decorate in? Ummm - homey I guess!
43. Do you like solid colors in furniture or prints? Solid
44. Is there a smoke detector in your home? Two
45. In case of fire, what are the items in your house which you’d grab if you only could make one quick trip? Assuming all of the people were out of the house, I would grab my laptop and family pics.
If you decide to do this Meme - Let me know and I will check it out!
Here is a simple overview of how it works:
- Kizoodle is an open swap forum where you post things to "sell" for credits, after you successfully "sell" an item then you can "buy" things with the credits in your account. The only cash you will ever spend is on shipping your items that "sell", but you request credits to cover the shipping costs.
- What types of items are available to buy on Kizoodle? Everything for baby, kids, and moms!!! Including homeschooling supplies!
- How do YOU get started with 7 Kiz Credits in your account and start swapping in Kizoodle? Follow these simple instructions:
- Sign up for your account here: http://kizoodle.com/MemberLogin.aspx?su=1
- Sign-in to your account with your username and password
Click on "My Kizoodle" in the menu on the left, then on "My Kiz Store" in the pop-up menu Enter this promo code: GLNYDE and you will receive 7 Kiz Credits in your account!!!!
What's next? To use your credits to start "buying" items, you need to first list at least one item and successfully "sell" it
1. From "My Kiz Store" click on "Post an Item"
2. Fill out the form with information about your item, you can also upload a photo of the item (I highly recommend taking the time to take a photo of your item, it will "sell" faster)
3. You have complete control of how many credits you request for the item and for shipping, but the general guideline is that one credit equals about one dollar.
4. Browse the store by clicking on "Go Shopping" to compare your item with other similar items posted (but don't get too excited about the things you want to "buy", you have to focus on "selling" something first!)
Guess what I'm doing today? Looking for stuff to list on Kizoodle so that I can start getting the stuff on my wish list! I hope that you are as excited about Kizoodle as I am and I look forward to reading your posts about your experiences using this new tool for the budget-conscious mom!
Saturday, November 10, 2007
Anybody else longing for the toys of old?