Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Ten Books Your Child Should Read by Age 10


Disney Family recently posted a list of top 10 reads for kids. The list included:
2. "Goodnight Moon," by Margaret Wise Brown
4. "Chicka Chicka Boom Boom," by Bill Martin, Jr. and John Archambault
5."Go, Dog, Go!," by P.D. Eastman
6."Where the Wild Things Are," by Maurice Sendak
7."Where the Sidewalk Ends," by Shel Silverstein
8."Charlotte's Web," by E.B. White
9. "Ramona the Pest," by Beverly Cleary
I definately agree with most of the books on this list, but was a bit disappointed that no Dr. Suess books made the cut! And 2 of my all time favorites - Love You Forever and Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good Very Bad Day were also missing. Any of your childhood faves miss the list?

10 comments:

Angela said...

Oh good books

Daisy said...

Well, there are many that I would have to add to the list. Aesop's Fables, Dr. Suess' "Sneeches", "Grinch", "Horton Hears a Who", "Horton Hatches the Egg", just about everything by Cynthia Rylant, Jane Yolen, Patricia Polacco and Patricia MacLachlan. Oh, picking only 10 books is impossible anyway. LOL.

Don Mills Diva said...

Those are all great books! My son is only 2 but he loves Chika, Chicka Boom Boom.

Karen said...

We've read most of these, great books!

Anonymous said...

I'm with Daisy, Sneeches is awesome!
I still love children's books so much so that I buy them on a regular basis.

Great post!

Autumn's Mom said...

Great books!I would definitely add Horton Hears a Who (can't wait for the movie)

Melanie said...

It's so hard to narrow it down to only 10 favorites. I have soooo many!
Stop by and check out my new blog Livin' With Me

dawn224 said...

Wow. I just now realized that NO ONE has bought us Alexander and the .... etc... You'd think we'd have several copies by now...

Zoe said...

alexander is peytons fav! he also like alexander who used to be rich last sunday...

Dawn said...

I love most of these, but would have to add "Green Eggs and Ham" and "Please Baby Please" which is our personal household favorite.