Friday, February 22, 2008

Big Scare Today!

This morning my 13 year old asked me, "Mom, what's wrong with my eye?" I looked at it and the left eye was totally drooped. At first I thought it might be a stye or a bug bite, but I couldn't see a bite mark or a sore of any kind. I asked a nurse friend to look at it and she didn't see anything either and told me to take him to the doctor. We went to the doctor here in town and she told us to take him to the emergency room because he might have had a stroke or Bell's Palsy.

Needless to say I was a nervous wreck, but we made it to the hospital. After a long wait, they finally said that they thought it was an eye infection and prescribed some antibiotic drops.

Thank God it was nothing serious!


Angela said...

I know that had to be scary
Made me remember the day I first noticed my vision loss

Rhonda said...

Oh thank God is right.
what a cutie.

dawn224 said...

whew. glad he's okay!

utmomof5 said...

Glad all is okay. Stuff like that makes your heart just race.


Casdok said...

How frightening for you both.
Hope it clears up soon.

Damama T said...

Hi Kelly! I cannot believe I've not been here in so long. Somehow my reminder must have gotten lost in the mail??? AACK! I have a lot of catching up to do.

My 16y.o. daughter woke up on June 6, 2005, with the whole left side of her face "melting off" as she put it. It was Bells. Almost 3 years later, she still has vestiges of the damage. It is a very scary and heartbreaking thing to have to watch your child endure. And hers was the painful kind that, as the nerves healed, caused excruciating stabbing, needle pricking, stinging sensations that would put her in tears. It is slowly resolving, but when she smiles you can still see the "melt." But she's still beautiful, inside and out (when she'd clean and sober, that is), so we are grateful that she hadn't had a stroke.

Anyway - all that being said, you now understand why I can say with authority: THANK GOD IT WASN'T BELLS!

I'll be back later when I have more time to catch up. TTFN

Anonymous said...

Oh my God! Your doctor is a moron, excuse me when I say that. We had kind of the same thing happen to my brother but it was in his hip. The doctor gave the wrong diagnosis and we freaked out, turned out to be slow growth which he would later grow into. He is 22 now.

I am glad your son is all right now :)

Dapoppins said...

big sigh of frightening!

Damama T said...

How about an update on how he's doing? Is everything OK now? xoxoxo